Thursday, March 15, 2018

Sensitivity to Temperature

Since I'm currently dealing with one, I thought I'd talk about how headaches can result from different degrees of Temperature. Living in a hot climate has led me to get many headaches, and while I do, and consume things to help me deal with this, sometimes those things work against me. 

I will go to Walgreens and get a slushy to beat the heat, but recently, if I consume them too quickly (which happens when you feel like you're melting), I will get THE WORST brainfreeze.... And since my shunt leads to my heart, (That one is called a VA, which is short for Ventriculo-atrial), I can feel the cold slide down my catheter, and reach my chest area. Add brainfreeze to the mix, and it is a whopper.

Why do I do this to myself??

Well, it's one of the few ways I can actually lower my body temperature, and that helps with the headaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seizures. Not always what you think.

 I think everyone has had an encounter with an active seizure at least once in their life, and if they haven't, they should at least be ...