Thursday, February 16, 2017

Hydrocephalus and Pain

So it is another day, and it obviously wouldn't be "Normal" without pain. As weird as it sounds, I see days that I don't wake up with a headache as rare because I almost always have it. And today is one of those headache days.

Hydrocephalus is dubbed an "invisible illness" because you can't see it, though it does show external signs of shunt malfunction. (see previous hydro post for symptoms)

But apart from those signs, you wouldn't be able to tell that most of us have it. On one side, that's a good thing, because believe me when I say that a critical stage is not fun at all... But on the other side, we don't get the chance to get people to talk as much about it because we seem so "normal".



No comments:

Post a Comment

Seizures. Not always what you think.

 I think everyone has had an encounter with an active seizure at least once in their life, and if they haven't, they should at least be ...